Overview The goal of the Downtown Facade Grant Program is to encourage historically appropriate façade improvements to existing buildings downtown in a manner that promotes the success of the businesses while preserving the unique historical characteristics of those buildings.
- Preserve historic buildings
- Implement DREAM recommendations for exterior facade improvements
- Promote a high level of maintenance for the exterior of buildings
- Enhance pedestrian safety by increasing maintenance of building facades in zero setback areas
- Promote commercial vitality and increase economic activity and sales tax revenues
- Maintain or improve existing property values and add to the tax base
- Enhance the overall attractiveness of the community.