This Event is an Online Photo Contest and Scavenger Hunt hosted by the Advanced Events Management team at the University of Central Missouri. There are six categories to enter for a chance to win prizes. Photos submitted should highlight the city of Warrensburg. Once pictures are submitted they will be voted on via Facebook likes. The top photo from each category will be displayed at the annual Warrensburg Main Street Art Walk event located on Pine and Holden.
Photo Contest Categories
1. Burg Dogs (Ex: Your furry friend and you.)
2. Burg Bites (Ex: All your best foodie shots at local eateries. )
3. Burg Buildings (Ex: Cool buildings you want to share.)
4. Trip Down Memory Lane (Ex: Any memory in local Warrensburg, MO.)
5. College Life (Ex: Studying with friends.)
6. Youth, for 18 years old and under (Ex: Anything in local Warrensburg, MO.)
Photo Contest Rules
Photos are taken in the Warrensburg community.
You are not allowed to photoshop or digitally edit your photo.
You are allowed to CROP a photo.
You are allowed to submit more than one photo, but you will have to submit a new form per each photo.
The photo has to be taken by you, in order for you to submit it. You can not submit a photo that is not rightfully yours. However, if you are under 18, your parent or legal guardian can upload your photo once they give consent for you to participate.
No photos with nudity or profanity are permitted.
If you include another party in your photo, you need to get their consent to submit. If you do not have their consent your photo will be disqualified. (If you have their consent, they write their name, their initials, and date of when they approved, under photo release.)
Who cannot participate?
Students enrolled in HM 4825: Events Management, spring 2020 and Warrensburg Main Street employees are not allowed to participate in the photo contest.
Individuals under the age of 18 require parent or legal guardian’s consent.
Photo Contest Instructions
1. Pick one of the six categories (Burg Dogs, Burg Bites, Burg Buildings, Trip down memory lane, College Life, Youth).
2. Snap a photo that you love, fill out registration form to submit. https://docs.google.com/forms/
3. Submit your photo at the end of this form found on Warrensburg Main Streets website under Snapshots of the Burg tab between February 17th through March 2nd. https://warrensburgmainstreet.
4. Encourage your friends and family to vote for their photo of choice between March 3rd through March 13th and it is on Main Street’s Facebook at https://m.facebook.com/
5. Don’t forget to check to see if you won. The category winners are announced March 23rd on Warrensburg Main Streets webpage.
6. Attend the Art walk on April 3rd to see the top photos for each of the six categories displayed.
7. Encourage your friends and family to attend the Art Walk on April 3rd from 5pm-7pm to have a chance to vote again for your overall favorite photo. The top six category winners will be the photos you vote from, for the second round to determine the overall winner.
8. The winner of each category and the top winner out of all categories will be awarded a Prize.
How to Vote
You, your friends, and family can vote for category winners visiting Warrensburg Main Street’s Facebook. Voting is March 3rd through March 13th. You can vote for as many photos as you wish, just find your favorite photo and hit the like button to vote.
The six category winners will be announced at the Artwalk April 3rd and on Warrensburg Main Streets webpage and Facebook.
Grand Prize Voting
You, your friends, and family can vote again for the overall winner on April 3rd at the Artwalk by purchasing items from the local stores participating in the Artwalk and bringing your receipt to our table set up by Cigawatt. You will be allowed one vote, per every receipt you present.
Receipts of purchase need to have the date of April 3rd in order to be used for another vote.
Every category winner gets their photo put into the photo calendar.
Burg Dogs wins- $10 dollar gift card to Pet Lovers Lane.
Burg Bites wins- $10 dollar gift card to Fitters.
Burg Buildings wins- $10 dollar gift card to Westlake Ace Hardware
Trip down memory lane wins- $10 dollar gift card to Heroes
College Life wins- $10 dollar gift card to Muddy Creek.
Youth wins- $10 dollar gift card to Scoops.
Overall top winner of all categories wins- $50 dollar gift card from Warrensburg Chamber of Commerce and gets one of the photo calendars.